Any interest in the new XBox?

From what I’ve been reading, I think I’m going to steer clear of this thing. There was initial talk of needing an “always on” internet connection but they may have changed that. They do want the Kinect on all of the time which I think is a little creepy. For used games, you’ll have to pay MS a fee. It looks like you get an activation code for your XBox so you can’t share games. If I have to rely on their cloud to play games, I’m not going to trust it.
I bought the new Diablo online and hate the whole business model. In order to play, you have to be online. If their server is down, you can’t play (which happened often). Even worse, my desktop died so I can’t play the game until it gets fixed. I recently got an e-mail saying that my account has been suspended due to infractions. Apparently someone hacked my account for some cheats. I tried to explain that I got hacked but can’t seem to find a venue to refute the charge. So basically, the game that I “bought” has me locked out. F Blizzard and F MS for going down that road.

PS4 interest only here.

I will say though from a technology stand point, the new Kinect is impressive.

[quote=“AlbertA, post:2, topic:6888”]PS4 interest only here.

I will say though from a technology stand point, the new Kinect is impressive.[/quote]

I’m leaning towards the PS also. The XBox is trying to be too many things that I don’t need. All I want is a gaming system. :neutral_face:
The Kinect version that I got is kinda cool for some games. It’s not something that I’m really impressed with though. Can the new one be truly usable for games like shooters and such?

[quote=“AC, post:3, topic:6888”]I’m leaning towards the PS also. The XBox is trying to be too many things that I don’t need. All I want is a gaming system. :neutral_face:
The Kinect version that I got is kinda cool for some games. It’s not something that I’m really impressed with though. Can the new one be truly usable for games like shooters and such?[/quote]

Oh I hate it for games. Gamepad or mouse/keyboard for me…

But the technology in it and the computer vision algorithms are really impressive (I’ve done some work in this field, actually we were on a race with other companies to win the first kinect design and the next gen but kinda fell apart).

Microsoft is screwing up everything they touch. If they were a startup I think they would fail.

MS has the Bloomberg mentality. We will tell you what you need.

At the office we have been switching to office 2013. The new color scheme or lack of, especially in outlook is pissing off all users.

I think Im done with consoles and maybe even gaming after I finish Bioshock Infinite.

exactly. Windows 8 is a complete disaster.

Haven’t seen anything impressive yet. Seen lots to be disappointed with though. Might just budget the $600 for pc game releases.

These are 2 games on the radar so far.

Activision/ Bungie
Official Destiny Gameplay Trailer (PS4) | E3 2013

The Division PS4 Gameplay

Very cool! Looks like I’m going to budget for the new PS. :thumbsup:

Sony murdered MS on yesterday’s conference.

PS4 has been preordered.

How much is the new PS4?

:man_shrugging:
I’ll believe it when I see it

Sony has finally revealed release information about its PlayStation 4 console: that it plays used, lent or rented games with no restrictions and its price: $399.

I’ll believe it when I see it

Sony has finally revealed release information about its PlayStation 4 console: that it plays used, lent or rented games with no restrictions and its price: $399.[/quote]

I just saw another headline for the PS4 and they mentioned that the price point would be $100 less than the XBox. Doesn’t look bad to me.

Yeah, no doubt Sony will dominate this cycle of the consoles…Microsoft has stepped on it’s pecker so many times in recent years, it’s ridiculous.

Haven’t seen what Nintendo has planned yet, my kids are older now, so it may not matter what they do.

[quote=“Cobalt BLooz, post:14, topic:6888”]Yeah, no doubt Sony will dominate this cycle of the consoles…Microsoft has stepped on it’s pecker so many times in recent years, it’s ridiculous.

Haven’t seen what Nintendo has planned yet, my kids are older now, so it may not matter what they do.[/quote]

Yeah, I don’t think Nintendo is in this race at all. They cater to kids and I think they do that well. It’s amazing how bad the MS model is. You’d almost think that someone over there actually plays games and understands the market.
An article that I just read on their strategy states that if they’re successful, it’s a model that the software makers would really like to set the standard to fight piracy. I doubt it’s going to take off. If you want to play an offline game, you have to have accessed the net within 24 hours or you’re SOL. The shit experience that I had with Diablo 3 was enough that if I know any other games that’ll make me jump through online hoops to play I’m going to avoid at all costs. When they had server problems, it was impossible to play. These glitches happened often.

The PS4 should win by default. Microsofts insane totalitarian attitude toward used games makes this a no brainer. Let alone that the PS4 will be $100 less than the xbox. :neutral_face:

I’m also concerned about having the camera and mic from Kinect having to be on all the time with Internet access. Why do they require that and what if it gets hacked? It’s pretty creepy, IMO.

Forget about being hacked. Why would they need it on anyway? It’s not like Microsoft has been a leader in security. It’ll be worse than the whole NSA thing.

:smile: