Anyone gonna record a holiday tune this year?

I was thinking about doing one for another website’s annual cd but haven’t committed to it yet. Anyone recording anymore?

I like this one…

It’s depressing actually. I haven’t done any recording in a long time now. The band is always adding new tunes so we don’t get stale for the folks who come see us regularly. Unfortunately, that means most of my playing time goes to learning new tunes. I need to get my butt back into recording though. I miss that aspect of music.

Let me get through Thanksgiving, and I’ll think about it. Got a big band concert tonight, and a couple of gigs after that. Haven’t made up my mind to do all the Xmas party gigs. Just a lot of time commitment, that I don’t know if I have…

How are you enjoying the big band thing? :sunglasses: Sounds like a lot of fun.

I have some ideas for tunes but haven’t had a chance to lay anything down yet.

Glad it isn’t just me trying to make excuses. The simple truth is I put all my guitar time towards the band and yeah were got about have about 110 songs to our repertoire now and just added another 40 so, no recording for me anytime soon. :expressionless:

[quote=“AC, post:5, topic:5210”]How are you enjoying the big band thing? :sunglasses: Sounds like a lot of fun.

I have some ideas for tunes but haven’t had a chance to lay anything down yet.[/quote]

Yeah…It’s cool…We’re doing about 10 songs tonight for the school concert. Everything from Benny Goodmans’s “Sing, Sang, Sung” to Jobim’s “quiet nights and quiet starts”. To some funk stuff…“Act Your Age”…
I even got a couple of solos tonight. Played a few more wedding type gigs with the small combo. pays good, but I’m beginning to realize why I quit gigging… :smile:

In the mean time…
Sing, Sang, Sung.

Quiet Nights and Quiet Stars

ACt Your age.

If you guys are actively gigging, there’s got to be some satisfaction in that itself. :thumbsup: I’m finding it hard to have time to do anything fun these days.

Tal, Sing Sang Sung sounds like a blast on the drums. I think I’m gonna learn it. Thanks! Do you sit or stand during these gigs?

It is a blast…
I sit until I get a solo. Then I get to stand up…
The college band is the big band (About 20 pieces). The gigging band is just a trio. Me, Bass, Trumpet…I’ve learned a lot about comping and filling space with the little group… :smile:

Oh yeah…The Drummer on Sing, Sing, Sing…(We call it Sing, Sang, Sung…for copyritght stuff), is none other than Gene Kruppa…Benny’s guitar player was Charlie Christian… :sunglasses:

I just got a new soundcard. I can record a christmas tune or two to share in time for the holidays.

Just got back from the concert, and the band was absoulutely cooking. Just blew me away…

Rank amateurs…

:smile:

I’m still stoked. Man we were cooking with gas. The small jazz combo preceded us, and they had a young guitar player and a young trumpet and t-bone player. The rest of the small band and all the big band was a bunch of grey beards…(I’m one of the younger guys… :smile:)…But man…We can still wail… :sunglasses: Had about 300 in attendance, about half was old folks, and the other half were young cats in their twenties. I knew the old guys would dig us, but it was pretty cool to see the younger audience members, at the end of the concert, comment on how they’ve never heard a big band and how surprised they were at how we smoked. Even at our advanced age… :smile: Lot’s of guitarists in the crowd, and all of them drooling over my L5. Kept a close eye on i t… :smile:

Holy crap! You gig with your L5? :fearful:

If you got it flaunt it… :smile:

I recorded a jam the other day, haven’t finished it…
http://guitarlogic.org/music/cork.mp3

[quote=“Bertopolis, post:16, topic:5210”]I recorded a jam the other day, haven’t finished it…
http://guitarlogic.org/music/cork.mp3[/quote]

That’s really cool so far Bert :thumbsup: :sunglasses:

[quote=“Bertopolis, post:16, topic:5210”]I recorded a jam the other day, haven’t finished it…
http://guitarlogic.org/music/cork.mp3[/quote]

:metal:

Nice one Bert.

Rawk!!! :metal: :rocks: :bandplay: