Axe FX II

Pretty impressive features. USB, Dry Signal for reamping, and a headphone jack just reduced the resale value of the original.

http://fractalaudio.com/products-fas-axe-fx-ii-2.html

I wonder if they’ll have an Ultra version. :smile:

Anyone going to get one of these? :popcorn:

Wow…

I wonder how much our ultras will drop in value.

Pretty much listened to their use base on all complaints, wow I’m impressed.
Man, one whole tigersharc DSP dedicated for amp modeling, that’s like 5x more computing power dedicated to modeling than the previous ultra.

Right now, Ultras are going for $1800 on E-Bay as people are dumping them. There’s probably going to be a dip in that price as people panic to get rid of theirs and then I suspect that it’ll stabilize around there. :neutral_face:

It would be cool if there’s an exchange program as some suggested. I’d definitely be in for that as I’m considering selling mine on E-Bay right now. The problem is that once I get the money in hand, I may get diverted to an amp instead. :smile:

I doubt it. I haven’t turned mine on in a while. Just been enjoying the Amp 11 of late.

Actually, if I had the inside information, I would have sold my Ultra weeks ago when everyone was begging for one, which would probably fully fund the AxeII. :frown:

Jeez, we’re pretty much in the same boat then. :smile: While the AxeII is really cool, I just have no real need for it. I suspect that I’ll get it eventually but I’m enjoying my amp too much. The thing that’s sitting on the back of my mind is that the next AxeFx’s goal will be to be even closer in sound and reactiveness to a real amp, which could be had for less. :smile: If I used a lot of amp models, then it would be economically feasible for me.

I should have listened to you when you were telling me to sell mine. After reading about the AxeII, I suspected that you had inside information. :smile:

C’mon. That’s how technology works. I’m surprised it took this long.

Sounds like I should look into building an Amp 11 :thinking:

[quote=“Tod, post:9, topic:5574”]C’mon. That’s how technology works. I’m surprised it took this long.

Sounds like I should look into building an Amp 11 :thinking:[/quote]

I’m not surprised by it’s release. Some people are downright pissed because they just bought theirs. :smile:
Lovepedals in general impress me. He really has a good ear for breaking up signals. What stands out about them is that I can always level my ears with the speaker cone and it’ll still doesn’t sound harsh. I can’t say that about a lot of other drives that I have.
One cool thing that I discovered with the Amp11 is that the boost side works great with Strats as it darkens the signal slightly. That’s the CoT50 side. The pedal sings through humbuckers, P-90s, and single-coils and doesn’t seem to prefer one type or the other. As I was telling George, it’s has a little bit less hifi than the Boiling Point but that’s not a bad thing. If I needed to stand more out in a mix I’d grab the BP that would be in a very busy mix situation.

It’s a COT50 and a Timmy, right? :smile:

There’s a board for this available. I may give it a go once I get my other projects done. :thumbsup:

[quote=“Tod, post:11, topic:5574”]It’s a COT50 and a Timmy, right? :smile:

There’s a board for this available. I may give it a go once I get my other projects done. :thumbsup:[/quote]

It’s sort of a Timmy with the CoT50 on the boost side. There’s a different chip on the Timmy side. The Tim and Amp 11 do not sound the same.
If you can build an Amp11, maybe you can mod it so that you can select the CoT50 side by itself. I don’t know why it’s not set up for independence like that.

Yes, you could easily do that. I don’t know why he didn’t do it that way, either. Maybe to save the cost of another stomp switch :neutral_face:

But there’s already two. My guess is that the eq is tied to the Timmy side. The only knob tied the the CoT is the amount of boost.

Like I been saying…Electronics lose value. Cool Axes, and to a certaing extent, cool Amps don’t.

I agree with you. While I love the AxeFx and it’s convenience, it’s ultimate goal is to sound like an amp. That’s putting it too simply as it can do a lot of other things but that’s mostly what I’m looking at the product for.

Well what can I say, I’m a technology whore. I love new toys. Yes it won’t make me play better, in fact in may distract me from it, but I think I will get it.

But I’ll wait a bit until market stabilizes. Too many axe-fx’s being dumped right now :grin:

For me the biggest reasons to upgrade are the 50 User cabs, built in Redwirez/ownhameer IRs, the room simulation addition and the fact that a whole freaking DSP is dedicated to amp simulation.

[quote=“Bertopolis, post:17, topic:5574”]Well what can I say, I’m a technology whore. I love new toys. Yes it won’t make me play better, in fact in may distract me from it, but I think I will get it.

But I’ll wait a bit until market stabilizes. Too many axe-fx’s being dumped right now :grin:

For me the biggest reasons to upgrade are the 50 User cabs, built in Redwirez/ownhameer IRs, the room simulation addition and the fact that a whole freaking DSP is dedicated to amp simulation.[/quote]

I’m waiting as well. No urgent need to upgrade. Once I get the cash in hand though it’s possible that it may get diverted to another amp. :neutral_face:

Do you really need all of those user cabs? I’m using two right now.

[quote=“AC, post:18, topic:5574”]I’m waiting as well. No urgent need to upgrade. Once I get the cash in hand though it’s possible that it may get diverted to another amp. :neutral_face:

Do you really need all of those user cabs? I’m using two right now.[/quote]

All 10 slots are filled right now. I wish I had more, mainly for convenience.

Mine are filled but I still only use two. I’m still adjusting my presets to accomodate the new update. I used the low pass filter a lot to get rid of flubbiness and the new update addresses the issue so now my patches are kind of off.
Direct recording via usb could come in handy.