Better than piano roll?

I want to add piano to a track. Is there a better way to do it than just plotting each note in piano roll? I don’t have a keyboard interface, so I can’t just play it. Is there a plugin where I can type chord names and it will populate the piano roll automagically?

This is in Reaper, btw.

I think you can use your computer keyboard to play the notes. Another option is an iPhone app that does what you want and is midi capable.

I don’t have an iPhone, and I’m to lazy to learn how to play my qwerty keyboard like a piano
:smile:

I did find this:

http://www.chordspace.com/ChordSpaceindex.htm

Also, I think Reaper has a function where it will paint 4 note chords based off the root and the scale choice.

[quote=“Tod, post:3, topic:6065”]I don’t have an iPhone, and I’m to lazy to learn how to play my qwerty keyboard like a piano
:smile:

I did find this:

http://www.chordspace.com/ChordSpaceindex.htm

Also, I think Reaper has a function where it will paint 4 note chords based off the root and the scale choice. [/quote]

I still don’t know crap about Reaper. All I do is make drum tracks and record my guitar. :neutral_face:

I’m slowly learning. I’ve never really enjoyed the recording process. Too tedious unless you use off the shelf loops :neutral_face:

Reaper is making recording easier for me. For some reason, I can now record with a mic. I had a lot of volume issues using Garage Band. When are we going to hear your new tune? :popcorn:

I don’t know. I think I’m going to have to completely re-do it. There are some timing issues because I was playing and singing at the same time :neutral_face:

The piano part? You can do a midi align. If you transfer the tracks to GarageBand, you can do a time align, even with vocals.

I’ll just start over from scratch and play to the metronome next time. That’s probably the easiest thing to do.

Very cool progression. How much is this VST?

$120 I was looking for something a little cheaper…like free :smile: