Dio tribute album

There are some hits and misses on this album, but overall it does Ronnie justice.

1. Neon Knights Anthrax (Previously unreleased)

Not really into Anthrax, but they felt they should contribute. I really have nothing to say about it. :neutral_face:

1. The Last In Line Tenacious D (Previously unreleased)

As much as I know Ronnie was friends with Jack Black, I wish someone that could sing did it. Music is good, Jack Black is Jack Black :man_shrugging:

1. The Mob Rules Adrenaline Mob

They did a damn good job. In fact, some of it sounds just like Ronnie. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

1. Rainbow In The Dark Corey Taylor, Roy Mayorga, Satchel, Christian Martucci, Jason Christopher (Previously unreleased)

An incredible version of the song. Cory Taylor did an excellent job. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

1. Straight Through The Heart Halestorm (Previously unreleased)

I believe Lizzie can sing the phone book. But on this song, it seemed like she was too tentative of not doing it justice that it seemed lack-luster. I wish she had either sung the crap out of it, or picked another song where she could. It’s a good version, but I know there’s more there.

1. Starstruck Motörhead with Biff Byford (Previously unreleased)

A damn good rendition of the song. The Saxon singer is a little long in the tooth to hit those notes anymore. But overall it kicks. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

1. The Temple Of The King Scorpions (Previously unreleased)

Holy shit. This song might actually hit the radio. The version is fucking spectacular. Wow. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

1. Egypt (The Chains Are On) Doro

I guess I’ve been living in a fog, because I never really heard of her. Wow, she sings the shit out of this song. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

1. Holy Diver Killswitch Engage

This isn’t a new song. It’s the same version that was on their album a couple of years ago. Great version, but I could have done without the death growl in the bridge. :thumbsup:

1. Catch The Rainbow Glenn Hughes, Simon Wright, Craig Goldy, Rudy Sarzo, Scott Warren (Previously unreleased)

I’m on the fence about this one. I guess I expected more considering Glenn has an incredible voice. When I heard he was singing this song, I couldn’t wait to hear it. He used his “affected” voice instead of singing it outright. He sounds like he’s trying to be Stevie Wonder again. :neutral_face:

1. I Oni Logan, Jimmy Bain, Rowan Robertson, Brian Tichy (Previously unreleased)

Oni simply isn’t in Ronnie’s league, but who is? He does a good job and Jimmy Bain made sure it kicks ass. :thumbsup:

1. Man On The Silver Mountain Rob Halford, Vinny Appice, Doug Aldrich, Jeff Pilson, Scott Warren (Previously unreleased)

This may be the real disappointment of the whole album for me. I guess I expected too much. Hearing Halford sing this in a lower key just killed me. Maybe, like the singer from Saxon, he couldn’t do it. But at least Biff Byford went for it. :skull_and_crossbones:

1. Ronnie Rising Medley (Featuring A Light In The Black, Tarot Woman, Stargazer, Kill The King) Metallica (Previously unreleased)

As I stated in a previous post about this, I don’t consider myself a Metallica fan, but damn, they did a great job on this track :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

1. This Is Your Life Dio

An unreleased song from Ronnie with a real dark piano intro. It sounds more like one of his Elf tunes. It’s Ronnie.

I had high expectations from Halford as well. If anyone could do Dio justice, it would have been him. Why he changed it up like that is beyond me and sorely misses the mark.
Overall, I really like this release. It’s for a good cause and I enjoyed hearing those old tunes again.