There are some hits and misses on this album, but overall it does Ronnie justice.
- Neon Knights Anthrax (Previously unreleased)
Not really into Anthrax, but they felt they should contribute. I really have nothing to say about it.
- The Last In Line Tenacious D (Previously unreleased)
As much as I know Ronnie was friends with Jack Black, I wish someone that could sing did it. Music is good, Jack Black is Jack Black
- The Mob Rules Adrenaline Mob
They did a damn good job. In fact, some of it sounds just like Ronnie.
- Rainbow In The Dark Corey Taylor, Roy Mayorga, Satchel, Christian Martucci, Jason Christopher (Previously unreleased)
An incredible version of the song. Cory Taylor did an excellent job.
- Straight Through The Heart Halestorm (Previously unreleased)
I believe Lizzie can sing the phone book. But on this song, it seemed like she was too tentative of not doing it justice that it seemed lack-luster. I wish she had either sung the crap out of it, or picked another song where she could. It’s a good version, but I know there’s more there.
- Starstruck Motörhead with Biff Byford (Previously unreleased)
A damn good rendition of the song. The Saxon singer is a little long in the tooth to hit those notes anymore. But overall it kicks.
- The Temple Of The King Scorpions (Previously unreleased)
Holy shit. This song might actually hit the radio. The version is fucking spectacular. Wow.
- Egypt (The Chains Are On) Doro
I guess I’ve been living in a fog, because I never really heard of her. Wow, she sings the shit out of this song.
- Holy Diver Killswitch Engage
This isn’t a new song. It’s the same version that was on their album a couple of years ago. Great version, but I could have done without the death growl in the bridge.
- Catch The Rainbow Glenn Hughes, Simon Wright, Craig Goldy, Rudy Sarzo, Scott Warren (Previously unreleased)
I’m on the fence about this one. I guess I expected more considering Glenn has an incredible voice. When I heard he was singing this song, I couldn’t wait to hear it. He used his “affected” voice instead of singing it outright. He sounds like he’s trying to be Stevie Wonder again.
- I Oni Logan, Jimmy Bain, Rowan Robertson, Brian Tichy (Previously unreleased)
Oni simply isn’t in Ronnie’s league, but who is? He does a good job and Jimmy Bain made sure it kicks ass.
- Man On The Silver Mountain Rob Halford, Vinny Appice, Doug Aldrich, Jeff Pilson, Scott Warren (Previously unreleased)
This may be the real disappointment of the whole album for me. I guess I expected too much. Hearing Halford sing this in a lower key just killed me. Maybe, like the singer from Saxon, he couldn’t do it. But at least Biff Byford went for it.
- Ronnie Rising Medley (Featuring A Light In The Black, Tarot Woman, Stargazer, Kill The King) Metallica (Previously unreleased)
As I stated in a previous post about this, I don’t consider myself a Metallica fan, but damn, they did a great job on this track
- This Is Your Life Dio
An unreleased song from Ronnie with a real dark piano intro. It sounds more like one of his Elf tunes. It’s Ronnie.