Guitar Tab Library

I haven’t really used tabs in a while. If there’s something I want to learn, I’ll just YouTube it. The thing is, they often go too slow and explain things too much. Good if you’re a beginner, but irritating if you already know how to play.

So, I downloaded Powertab and started searching for tabs. This site-Tab Library seems to be pretty legit so far. Requires a login, but it’s free.

I was gonna try GuitarPro, but I keep seeing really bad reviews of the new version :neutral_face:

I just use TuxGuitar (free):

http://tuxguitar.herac.com.ar/

Guitar Pro 6 used to suck because you would download a tab and it would play it at a really slow tempo. That glitch has been fixed and it works great now. I’m really happy with it and won’t bother looking up any negative reviews because it gets the job done nicely for me.
Ultimate Guitar has been really good as a tab source. So far they’ve had just about everything that I’ve been after with great versions. I’ve been making a lot of drum tracks lately as our drummer seems to have many scheduling issues and the midis that I’m getting from the GP tabs have been a great resource.

[quote=“AC, post:3, topic:7236”]Guitar Pro 6 used to suck because you would download a tab and it would play it at a really slow tempo. That glitch has been fixed and it works great now. I’m really happy with it and won’t bother looking up any negative reviews because it gets the job done nicely for me.
Ultimate Guitar has been really good as a tab source. So far they’ve had just about everything that I’ve been after with great versions. I’ve been making a lot of drum tracks lately as our drummer seems to have many scheduling issues and the midis that I’m getting from the GP tabs have been a great resource.[/quote]

That’s good to know. I may give it a try, then. Making drum/backing tracks is kinda what I wanted it for :thumbsup:

Can you do that with PowerTabs?

I don’t think so. I haven’t looked into it yet. You couldn’t in the past and the software looks the same as it did years ago :neutral_face:

Original tunes or covers?

I also use Tux, but it doesn’t open the newest GP tabs. :popcorn:

I used Tux and Dguitar in the past. They were ok :neutral_face:

Just covers.

[quote=“BasTod, post:9, topic:7236”]I used Tux and Dguitar in the past. They were ok :neutral_face:

Just covers.[/quote]

GP6—>GarageBand—>EZD :thumbsup:

I’ve found that a lot of the drum tracks that I get from the GP files are close but you’ll need to go in and do some mods to get them where they should be. Sometimes the arrangements have extra bars or are short of a few, some are missing fills or cymbal hits signifying changes, etc… That’s where GB comes in handy to touch up what needs to be.