Picked up an Atomic Amplifire 3

I sold my Kramer Pacer, and bought an Atomic Amplifire. I’ve been hearing great things about it, so I figured I would give it a shot. It’s going to take me a little while to get accustomed to the thing, and tweak it to get some patches I really like. The problem is that I usually have a type of sound that I use regularly, with a few others that I use from time to time, and even others that I play with with some recordings (other than the main track).

I’ll be comparing the sounds I get to the Eleven Rack, that I really love. I’m still thinking that the only thing that will replace the 11R would be a Kemper. But that’s down the line a while.

I’ll be doing a comparison of the sounds and options with my Eleven Rack. One of the problems is that I have “my sound” that I use 90+% of the time, but I don’t want the Amplifire to simply match the tones. It wouldn’t justify keeping it.

The software seems very easy to use, and the number of options seems staggering at times.

I wish that the EProm chip on my Behringer FCB1010 had a setting for the unit. I really love that pedalboard, and I use it all the time with my Eleven Rack.

Other than that, it’s going to take me a few weeks to get the hang of this thing, and see what I can make it do. :popcorn:

Last night I created a patch that pretty much matches my favorite patch on the Eleven Rack. I played it late into the night, and even found myself wide awake about a half hour earlier than normal for work. So, I played around with it for about another half hour before heading to work.

I did some reading today about IRs and watched a tutorial on how to make them. This could become an obsession if I get the hang of them.

Here I’ll save you a ton of time:

http://www.ownhammer.com/store/

Thanks. I already have the 7 deadly sins impulse pack, Fremen pack, Imerkat pack, M.Britt presets pack, MixIR pack, NSB Amp Pack, TAF and singtall packs. I’ll be toying around for a while.

So how is it so far? Any clips?

It’s great. I am 100% using the Amplifire. I haven’t used the Eleven Rack for anything other than recording simple passages to do tone matching for the AA.

When I have friends over to check it out, they are blown away by it.

I have a few ideas recorded, but nothing posted yet. Hopefully soon.