Red bishop accu-locator

On another forum, I read about different tools that people use to set intonation on Floyd Rose tremolos.

For years, I have been using “The Key”, which works great. The downside is that it’s a pain to place on each saddle of the Floyd because it pushes the entire saddle down, which makes the note go sharp on a Floyd.

On certain guitar setups, it’s almost impossible to get a good connection because the Floyd is too close to the body.

In that intonation thread, I noticed one person talking about the Red Bishop Accu-locator. So, I looked it up, and it had great reviews. Instead of going under the saddle, it connects to the back of the floyd’s housing, and into the space in the saddle that is behind the string locking mechanism. It looked great, but I’d have to try it out for myself.

Intonation with “The Key” could take 10 minutes, give or take, depending on the problems you incur installing it on the saddle screw. The small adjustment wheel would sometimes cause “The Key” to slip off the locking screw.

I got the Accu-locator, and was impressed with the build quality. Because you don’t have to fight to attach it to the bridge, it took me no more than 3 minutes to set the intonation on my ESP Lynch. I could not believe how easy it was, and how fast it was to adjust the intonation. Because of the build quality, you don’t even need to detune the string to install it. Adjusting the intonation is silky smooth with the large adjustment wheel. There is even a gap to allow you to loosen/tighten the saddle lock screw without moving anything. Set the intonation, lock down the saddle screw, and you are finished with that string. No tuning, no detuning the string.

Using it made me wish my other Floyds weren’t intonated. It was actually fun to do.

If you have Floyds, or any other floating bridges like the floyd, LoPro, etc. get this tool. It’s truly amazing.

I lock down any tremolo on any guitar that I own. I never used a tremolo.