So what are you guys doing with guitar lately?

Damnit…Haven’t bought any gear in 2 years with the exception of picks and strings. You guys have talked me into it. Guess I’ll have to go to the land of the lost (GC) and pick one up…

Thanks for the heads up!!!

Can’t wait to run 2/5 chord progressions through all 12 keys and jam… :sunglasses:

[quote=“Tal Rules, post:21, topic:6816”]Damnit…Haven’t bought any gear in 2 years with the exception of picks and strings. You guys have talked me into it. Guess I’ll have to go to the land of the lost (GC) and pick one up…

Thanks for the heads up!!!

Can’t wait to run 2/5 chord progressions through all 12 keys and jam… :sunglasses:[/quote]

Honestly, I’d be shocked if you don’t like it. :sunglasses: The playback sounds great and it’s really simple to use.

I just learned Space Oddity and Misery (Green Day) on acoustic. It looks like I may have an acoustic set list now.

Did you see that Canadian astronaut playing Space Oddity on the space station, in zero G???

Yeah, that’s why I wanted to learn the tune. That dude has some 'stache going on. I’ve always liked the tune but I think it can be updated. The astronaut’s version does a pretty good job bringing it a new sound, imo.

I’ve organized all my computer sheet music (guitar pro files) by tunings. So if I have an axe that is dropped D down half I can bring up a bunch of stuff to play to while tuned up.

I’ve also made a huge playlist of sheet music to play to. It encompases about 800 of the coolest guitar songs that I know of.

[quote=“grathan, post:26, topic:6816”]I’ve organized all my computer sheet music (guitar pro files) by tunings. So if I have an axe that is dropped D down half I can bring up a bunch of stuff to play to while tuned up.

I’ve also made a huge playlist of sheet music to play to. It encompases about 800 of the coolest guitar songs that I know of.[/quote]

Organizing by tunings is a great idea! :sunglasses:
I’m making something like the Real Book with just the chord names and lyrics. That’s all I need to get going.

I’m still doing the same thing. Most recently, I’ve had to learn how to play in drop C tuning. This is my new band: www.downsocietymusic.com - I’m not on any of the recordings yet, but we’re fixing that this summer.