What's your music buy list for this year?

I’m very happy with Slash’s release. This guy plays rock guitar properly, imo. One that didn’t knock me out is Joe Bonamassa’s new one “Driving Towards the Daylight.” While I like Joe’s stuff, I thought he was on the right track with Dustbowl. That very much had his own style defining itself. The new cd is a throwback to the blues roots and there’s a very strong “heard it before” sound to the tunes. It’s hard enough to get me into the blues so going back to this overused style really was a turnoff.

Upcoming releases that I’m looking forward to are Rush, Vai, and Aerosmith. While you may or may not like the newer Aerosmith stuff, I don’t think anyone does the slamming swagger rhythm that they do. I have hopes that there’s going to be some of that. :sunglasses: Other than those three, I’m not sure what’s coming out that I’d be interested in. What am I missing?

Already out, you probably are not interested though

Jeff Loomis - Plains of Oblivion

I’ll go check it out. His last cd was technically pretty good but it really didn’t keep my interest. :neutral_face:

Haven’t heard any of them but the last one…Wayne Cochran… of Wayne Cochran and the CC riders fame…

He had an outrageous hair do, but I thought him and his band cooked!!! :sunglasses:

God I feel old that I even remember shit like this… :smile:

[quote=“Tal Rules, post:6, topic:6319”]…Wayne Cochran… of Wayne Cochran and the CC riders fame…

He had an outrageous hair do, but I thought him and his band cooked!!! :sunglasses:[/quote]

Holy Shit…It’s the “Bloated Elvis White James Brown”!

(I actually used that pic for one of my band posters!)

That’s cool CB…Wayne would be proud!!! :sunglasses:

Pompdour power!!! :smile:

Wow, talk about necro threads…
Well, my favorite new band is Badflower. I saw them as a warm up band at a small nearby venue and was really impressed at how much I loved their tunes without having heard any before. They only have an EP out but there’s a lot of their tunes on youtube. Enough to make a full album. I can’t wait!